Hector Garcia, CPA.CITP, CGMA, MST
CPA = Certified Public Accountant
CITP = Certified Information Technology Professional
CGMA = Chartered Global Management Accountant
MST = Masters of Science in Taxation
Hector Garcia is 36 years old, currently lives in Weston, FL with his wife Andrea and 4 kids. Born in USA, but raised in Maracaibo, Venezuela until he was a teenager. In 1994, moved back to the US. During his high school years and early college years, Hector worked as an independent IT/Electronics Consultant. As an entrepreneur in his early life, he learned to work with other small businesses and small business owners.
From 2001 to 2004, Hector worked for Best Buy Inc in the departments of PC sales and Geek Squad, where he was a supervisor / department manager. Hector worked in the Sawgrass store, Ft. Lauderdale Store, and a store in New York City in between. This experience was crucial to help Hector deepen his knowledge in computer systems, small business computer networks, and most importantly Customer Service.
In 2004, Hector left Best Buy to work for the Services Department of Circuit City, where he held the role of District Service Manager. In this role he managed the finances and operations of the electronics services department that covered Boca Raton through Homestead. This experience was crucial to help Hector understand how to manage departmental finances in a large company and the relationship between operations and accounting departments.
In 2006, Hector left Circuit City to work for Wachovia Bank (now known as Wells Fargo), where he held the position of Business Banking Relationship Manager. Hector worked with businesses of all sizes from start-up stages to $20 million in annual revenues. This experience was crucial to help Hector understand how the banking system works with small businesses and lending criteria. Also through this experience he learned to deal with business owners of all business sizes.
In 2009, Hector left Wells Fargo and joined Quick Bookkeeping & Accounting LLC; “Quick Bookkeeping” for short, is a full services accounting firm dedicated to helping small businesses in South Florida organize their accounting and taxes with a strong focus in bookkeeping via QuickBooks. Hector is now the principal accountant at Quick Bookkeeping and in the past 7 years, he has been able to achieve the following for this company:
- Become an Intuit (maker of QuickBooks) Reseller Partner, which allows the sale and support of QuickBooks software, with a focus on QuickBooks Enterprise.
- Become a member of the Intuit Trainer/Writer Network, which is a group of about 150 trainers in the US that dedicate their profession to training other bookkeepers, accountants, and business owners on using QuickBooks to improve their practices/businesses.
- Regular blog author for Intuit Accountants Newsletter.
- Principal blog author for QuickBooks-Training.net
- Become a NASBA Continuing Education provider, which is the national organization that regulates Continuing Education for CPA’s
- Become an IRS Continuing Education provider in 2011, which is the designation given to training institutions that train and provide continuing education tax preparers registered to practice and enrolled to represent taxpayers with the IRS
Education and credentials
From 1999 to 2010, Hector went to Florida International University in Miami, where he earned the following four degrees:
- Bachelor in Business Administration
- Graduate Certificate in Foundations of Accounting & Auditing
- Masters in Science of Finance
- Masters in Science of Taxation
Additionally, Hector holds the following credentials and accolades:
- Certified Public Accountant in Florida (2014)
- Hector registered and received his Personal Tax Identification Number (PTIN) in order to prepare tax returns professionally in 2008.
- Hector earned the voluntary Registered Tax Return Preparer with the IRS in 2011
- Hector earned the required Enroll Agent designation with the IRS in 2012
- Hector is a QuickBooks Certified User.
- Hector is an Advanced Certified QuickBooks ProAdvisor, and certified in all editions of QuickBooks
- Hector is a Microsoft Office Specialist. Certified in Microsoft Word 2013 and Microsoft Excel 2013
- Hector is a Certified Information Technology Professional (CITP), an AICPA sub-designation
- Hector is a Chartered Global Management Accountant (CGMA), an AICPA sub-designation
Hector Garcia has a professorial personality. Tends to believe in empirical studies and core concept. Hector believes that there are no such thing as “quick” or “short” answers, thusly he will tend to give “long-form” answers to his clients. Hector is very talkative and intently immersed in the task at hand. He is always in pursuit of new knowledge beyond the fields if accounting and finance. Hector is always involved in activities that help him thrive in the deepening of core accounting, taxation, and QuickBooks skills.
CLIFTON STRENGTHSFINDER TOP 5 STRENGTHS:
Activator, Futuristic, Woo, Strategic, Ideation
Additionally, Hector strongly believes in pivoting primordially in the instincts and common sense; but always deriving from the source such as theory, accounting rules, and law. Hector enjoys computers/technology, going to trade conferences, public speaking, social media, golf, and GUACAMOLE.